FREE WHITEPAPER: Steam & Microfibre in Healthcare
Hospitals are a place where the most vulnerable people come to visit, and a place where germs are the most prevalent in our society. To keep visiting patients and visitors safe, proper cleaning and disinfecting is a priority.
It can be difficult to keep high standards of cleaning in a hospital. There are so many pieces of equipment, many wards, rooms and bathrooms. But you can make the process simple by ensuring you plan, and implement a schedule that takes into account infection control cleaning methods and hospital steam cleaning equipment.
- Wear gloves and masks properly to avoid the spread of germs and bacteria. If you are cleaning in an isolation room, this is crucial.
- Gather all the necessary cleaning tools, including microfibre, steam vapour generator, PPE and tools and attachments.
- Start in a clockwise position, and start from the top, downwards.
- For example, start by cleaning the light switch and make your way around to the basin, wardrobe and patient bed area.
- The bathroom is the next area to be disinfected. Ensure you also clean this area in a clockwise direction, and back out as you clean the floors.
- Remember to also empty the bins.
- Avoiding cross contamination is the biggest challenge whist cleaning. Dispose of any reusable items, such as microfibre cloths. Don’t go over an area twice.